Thursday, July 06, 2006

I might as well address this blog to Andrea because I don't think that anyone else takes the time to read it. Oh well, it is my diary so I guess it doesn't have to be addressed to anybody.

My 4th of July was wonderful. We spent it with Cory's family and with the Pattersons (Brother Patterson is the one that works way up there in the Pentagon for the Department of Defense). We went to the Catlett Ranch and had some target practice with some pretty incredible guns. Brother Patterson has tons of guns obviously, but he has some that are black powder guns from the Revolutionary War period and one from the Civil War. They were pretty incredible guns. I put on all of the "gear" that he had so I could pretend like I was really there and then I shot the gun. It took my breath away, it was a powerful gun. I could hardly hold it up long enough to shoot it because it was so heavy. I had so much fun. I really like to shoot guns (at paper targets only of course). I thought it was a pretty appropriate way to spend the 4th. Afterwards we all had pizza for lunch and then that night Cory and I had some fireworks that we set off here at the house for Katelund. It was a fun day.

Today Cory got a call from the Asheville mall manager. He wants Cory and I to come down on Monday and tour Asheville, then stay in a hotel that night, and then meet with him on Tuesday at the mall. The company will be reimbursing all of our food, gas, and hotel expenditures. I am so excited because Cory asked his mom if she'd watch the girls so we can go alone as a get-a-way. I can hardly wait. It is going to be a long drive but Cory and I have had lots of practice and experience with way longer drives than this one. We always have had so much fun driving across the country together. I will have to take pictures and post them so everyone can see what a beautiful area we will be living in.

This morning Katelund woke up and told me that she needed to let the dogs in to get their food. So I told her to go ahead and do it herself. So I listened from the other room as she opened the door and yelled with the cutest southern drawl I've ever heard "Aynee, cum tu beid". It was so adorable. I wish that I had it on a video tape, I would play it over and over again.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I am so excited for you and Cory getting some time away with just the two of you. Enjoy every moment! And I am so excited about the possibilities and opportunities this will bring! (Even if it's not in Texas...)

Blog Archive