Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The dogs must have a cold...

This morning Katelund came into my room and told me that the dogs wouldn't stop coughing. She thinks that when the dogs are barking they are coughing. Isn't that adorable? I didn't tell her any different because I thought it was so stinkin' cute.

Today we went to one of our last playgroups. Well I guess there will be two more. It is going to be so hard to leave all of Katelund's friends behind. She has so many little friends that are such good kids. I know there will be more in Asheville, but the ones here will be missed. Brad and Mandy told me that they haven't told Bethany that Katelund is moving yet because they are so worried about how hard it is going to be for her. I don't think that Katelund is quite to the age where she will really understand that she is leaving her friends. Her friend Kevin Ward, our friends that moved to Tennessee awhile ago, has been telling Celeste, his mom, that he doesn't want to go to nursery there because his girlfriend, Katelund, is not there. I don't think Katelund has mentioned Kevin's name since he has left. She loved him to death, but I just think she is still too young to understand. At least I am hoping and praying that it won't be hard and she won't understand.

Well the packing is coming along slowly. I do as much as I can while Cloey is asleep, because otherwise she is in to everything. Sherrie has been watching some kids from the ward the last 2 days, so Katelund has been very entertained and I have been so grateful for that. All though, she has now turned into the easy one and Cloey has become the challenge. She is just at that "get into everything" stage. Anyways, I have to go take Cory to get a drug test for CBL. Hopefully he passes. :) J/K :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I really am sorry that I can't be there to help you. I hope that you are getting lots of help from others around you. And if you aren't, DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK. There are so many people there that you have spent so many, many hours serving. Call one of them up and ask them to watch your girls for a couple hours. It's amazing how much more you can get done without kids around. You'd probably get more done without them than you would all day with them. That's how it was for me.

becky said...

It will be very interesting to see the Katelund's reaction in this move, the older kids get the more they realize things. I remember when we moved to Texas, we would walk through the neighborhood and to the park trying to meet people because you and Andrea wanted some friends to play with so bad. It was when we were temporarily staying in a house in Dallas waiting for the loan on our house on Kimberly to go through. It was then that I came to the shocking realization that Dallas wasn't like Sandy. None of the neighbors even knew the people whose house we were staying in even though they just lived down the street!!! We didn't find any friends there (luckily it was only a month or two) But it broke my heart that you two wanted somebody to play with so bad and I couldn't find anyone in that neighborhood. But things were a lot different when we got to Garland. There was no stopping you!!! Honestly we were not in Dallas long enough to make many friends. It won't be that way for you because you won't be in an abbreviated temporary situation like we were.

Katie Bear said...

Gosh, by the time I read their comments, I have nothing to say! Good luck with the packing.

Blog Archive