Sunday, July 09, 2006

NOTE TO SELF!!

So I learned a great lesson today. Don't ever expect to learn a lot about a subject and get all into it and then expect to teach it and transfer all of that excitement and enthusiasm to a bunch of kids without getting all emotional. I was so mad at myself in senior primary because I couldn't control my emotions and finally I just had to move on to another song that wasn't about Pioneers. But on the other hand, it was awesome to teach them about the handcart companies. I told them stories, tons of factual information about the handcarts and miles traveled etc... . And they LOVED the fact that I was dressed up like a pioneer. One of the little girls that I used to teach said, "Sister Mann, you look so pretty in that dress." It was so cute!! Have I ever told anybody about how much I love my calling?!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

So tomorrow Cory and I are leaving for Asheville. I am so excited!!! I am really excited, sad, and nervous about such a big change in my life. I love change but it isn't always easy, especially since there are so many people here in Fayetteville that I will miss terribly. I just hope and pray that tomorrow as we are in Asheville, we will be able to feel and hear the Holy Ghost so that we will know for a surety whether or not we are making the right decision. I am trying really hard to not let my emotions interfere with the promptings we are trying to receive.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I can't wait to hear all about it! Good luck!

Blog Archive