Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Live and Learn

Yesterday I was completely thrown for a loop. I got my root canal finished up and then I went up to the front desk to sign out. Well, originally I was told that I was going to be one of the new dentist's free jobs to get experience. I guess that since I didn't get scheduled until she'd been there for about a month, I no longer qualified. I was told that I owe $904.00 (that is excluding the amount for the crown that I still have to get). I couldn't believe it. I never imagined it would be so expensive for a root canal. It took everything in me to keep myself from breaking down in tears right there at the receptionist's desk. I asked her if I could make payments. She said that usually they don't do that but they might be able to let me do a couple. I got out to my car and just lost it. I called Cory in hysteria as I told him how sorry I was that I didn't take better care of my tooth so I wouldn't have had to have a root canal. He calmed me down a little and told me that it would be okay and we'd figure out a way to pay it. I am still in shock and I have no idea how we can afford to pay it, but I guess it could have been worse. I am trying to not let it get me down today. So the only way I know how to do that is to joke about it. Honestly, if I would've known it would cost this much I would've pulled the tooth out myself, but I guess it is too late for that. You live and learn, right?!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Have you talked to President Catlatt? Maybe he can arrange for you to be able to make small payments (or have the amount reduced). Since he was the one that suggested all of this, I doubt he would want this.

becky said...

I agree with Andrea, talk to the person who originally told you it would be free. The dentist who did it and her office staff might not have known you were told it would be free. To quote an old wise man I know "You'll never get in life what you're afraid to ask for"

Blog Archive