Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Asheville Here We Come!!!

Three more weeks and our little family will begin a whole new adventure in our lifes. I am excited, yet a little nervous and apprehensive about what awaits us and what the Lord has in store for us. The last couple of weeks are going to be either really hard or really easy for Cory. He is very anxious to change jobs and he is ready to turn over the top shop to a new manager. It is funny because I didn't even know Cory didn't really enjoy his job until yesterday. He is just one of those people that hardly ever complain about anything. He just does what he has to do and makes the best of it. Over the 6 years that we have been married, he has really had to do some not so fun jobs. I am so grateful for a husband who is willing to do whatever it takes to provide for his family, and not only that but be happy doing it. I have so much to learn from him. So for the first time in our married life, we are moving somewhere where we know absolutely nobody else. I just hope and pray that Heavenly Father will bless me and my children with good friends who will help make this move easier. I have so enjoyed living around family for the last 2 years in Texas and North Carolina. I am not so ready to give that up, but at the same time we will only be 4 hours away from Cory's family, and hopefully my family will come and visit more often (hint, hint!!!).

Yesterday I went to the dentist to get 1/2 of my root canal done. Today I go into to get the rest of it done, and then I have to go back in a couple of weeks to get a cap. The left side of my mouth is so sore this morning. I am not suprised considering the fact that I had to lay with my mouth wide open for 2 hours, but I am so thankful that it is getting taken care of. I hope I never have to have another root canal in my life (knock on wood). They are not so fun!!

Katelund has found a new interest in life, "doing hair". She sits and spends like 30 min- 1 hour brushing my hair, putting clips and "ponytails" in my hair, etc. It is SOOOO cute!!! I love it so much. She actually brushes pretty softly and it feels pretty good.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so excited for you and for the new opportunities that are ahead of you. And remember, just because someone isn't your same age and in the same situation as you doesn't mean they can't end up to be an amazing friend. I think that is one of the things I have learned already from being in Relief Society. There are SO MANY amazing people who have lived amazing lives and have incredible stories and wisdom to share.

And how blessed is the ward/branch that you move into - to be getting two strong, dedicated members who will serve and serve well in whatever calling they are given!

becky said...

I know how important friends and family are to you, and it will be hard at first not knowing anyone but, you and Cory will now have the chance to grow your love and relationship. You will both learn how to lean on and depend on each other more and it will strengthen your marriage. I'm excited for you to be on your own because it is so important for you to have that time together. Good luck.

Blog Archive