Sunday, July 23, 2006

500th reason not to have a dog...

Today Cory and I took the girls and the dogs on a walk. We were having a great walk until...another dog that was also on a walk approached us on the other side of the street. Both of "our" dogs went crazy and they both somehow got out of their collars/leashes. Cory ran for one and I ran for the other while Katelund stood there with Cloey (Katelund was pushing Cloey in the stroller). The dog I had, Annie "Noel", was heading straight for the other dog. I freaked out because I thought they were going to have a full on combat war. I didn't know what to do. The other dog walker was awesome though. He talked in a soothing voice and told the dogs that everything was allright (really he was calming me and making me feel like it was all going to be allright). The dogs both settled down and began licking each other. Cory sucessfully got Arthur under control and I got Annie to finally pull away from her new love (the other dog who was a boy, of course). Meanwhile there was a car waiting for us, since we were in the middle of the street when this all took place. It must have been pretty entertaining for them. I don't think the dogs will go on anymore walks with us.

4 comments:

becky said...

Oh dogs!! They cause such trauma. I remember lots of trauma with our dogs. Like running down the street chasing the dog or going door to door looking for another dog or the time when I was a teenage girl and we had a horse and it got out of the fenced yard we kept it in. My parents weren't home and I was scared of the horse (another story) so I went across the street to the boy that I had a secret crush on (whom I later dated)and he and his cousin went through the neighborhood found the horse and brought it back home. What was most humiliating was my Dad's reaction when he found out I had to go get the neighbors to rescue our horse.

Katie Bear said...

aww, the poor dogs! no more walks?! That is a really funny mental picture, though.

Katie Bear said...

wait, you had a horse?! that's awesome!

Andrea said...

Oh, but don't you remember how happy the dogs make your kids??? :)

Blog Archive