Friday, June 30, 2006

Well, the excitement of being on our own has come and is starting to go now that I am feeling a little bit lonely. After reading Andrea's blog, I know what my solution should be, call my friends and strengthen our relationships. Although, I don't know how much strengthening of relationships that I want to do when we might be moving here in a couple weeks or so. One of the hardest things about the last 6 years has been making and then leaving such incredible friends. I would much rather make them and leave then to never have made them at all, but it doesn't make it any easier. There are friends to be made everywhere you go, even if it is on the border of Mexico, so I look forward with anticipation to those who I have yet to meet who will like all of my friends before touch my life in a way that nobody else could. When I look back at my life, I can see how Heavenly Father answered so many of my prayers through my friends at different times. Friends are truly angels of the Lord sent to answer prayers and strengthen the spirit.

One of the greatest blessings from the Lord is to have friends within my own family who have been and will be there forever. I can't wait till the day when I pass through the veil and see my entire family and all of my friends who have gone before me. What an incredible experience that will be. Why should one ever fear death when they know what will be awaiting them on the other side if they but live righteously.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Not many people could make as many friends as you have if they moved a lot. I think that you have been given a gift of being able to make friends and get to know people easily.

Blog Archive