Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Tribute to Gates Four Trashmen...

Today I spent the day over at the Mann's house packing. When I went over there I was thinking about how I really needed to find some boxes so I can really start packing things up. As I pulled into the driveway I looked over at a house down the street that just happened to have tons of moving boxes sitting by the trashcan. I ran over there, knocked on the door, asked the lady if I could use her boxes, and started carrying the boxes back to the house as fast as I could before the trashman got there. After I had carried back a couple of boxes, the trashmen pulled up and I asked them if they could just leave the boxes because I was going to use them. They told me they would and that they would carry them all over for me. I told them thanks but it would take awhile and I would just do it myself. But the one guy insisted he said, "Are you kidding, we'll get paid to watch a pretty lady work, of course we'll help you." So all three of them took huge armfuls and helped me carry them all over in just 2-3 trips. It was SOOOO nice of them. I felt so bad that I didn't have any cash on me to tip them but they told me they didn't want it anyway they just wanted to help. I was so grateful for their help. What an act of service. I would like to be that kind of person; someone so willing to help someone else even when it is completely out of my way. Thank you trashmen!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing that story, pretty lady.

We have a tribute to trashmen twice a week at our house. When we hear them coming we have to run to the window or front door to wave and wait for them to honk.

Apparently we love trashmen, too.

becky said...

Melissa, I tried to call you yesterday, call me I'd like an update on the moving details. Dad found out we can fly into Ashville with his travel miles. We will plan a trip sometime this fall to come. I know this isn't really a comment on your blog but it is a way for me to talk to you since I can't get you on your phone.

Katie Bear said...

I really wish I could come visit you! I'm jealous!

Blog Archive