Thursday, July 20, 2006

Goodbye Cub Scouts

Last night was my last night in Cub Scouts in the Hope Mills 2nd Ward. We had a picnic pack meeting and played games afterwards. It was so much fun. As each of my boys got up to get their awards (that would be almost all of the boys there since I was over Wolfs and Bears) I felt such a deep love for each one. I find that I get so attached to the children that I have the privilege of serving. I had to fight back tears as I said goodbye and walked out the door. I am really not looking forward to my last Sunday in singing time either!!! It is going to be so hard to leave such an amazing group of children!! They truly have lead and guided me to walk in the light of the Savior. I feel like I am leaving my own children behind. Luckily, I know that I will still visit frequently because of Cory's family, but it will never be the same. No wonder the Lord's church is set up as it is. We have the opportunities to serve in callings in order for us to learn how to love as He loves, and I think that to a small degree we can come to understand how it must have felt when Heavenly Father had to say goodbye to each of His children.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Okay, you can get all sentimental. But... how long have you been wanting to be released from cub scouts? :)

becky said...

It's a love hate relationship. It's hard to say good-bye even to things your are ready to leave.

Katie Bear said...

Yeah, like high school. You're so excited to finally get out of there and move on with your life, but then it's so sad leaving your friends behind, and leaving the world you've known for 4 years.

Blog Archive