Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans and Bishops

Last night I was explaining to Katelund what Veterans Day was all about. I told her that it is a day where we think about and give thanks to all of those men and women who have or who are currently serving our country and making our world a safer place.

Well today while we were driving in the car, Katelund and Cloey were in the backseat fighting like crazy (their favorite past time in the car) and I was desperately trying to distract them by pointing out all of the beautiful trees and mountains around us. As we were approaching the Bishop's house, I told them to tell me when they saw Bishop's house. Then I told Katelund that maybe she should say a prayer of thanks to Heavenly Father for the beautiful world He made for us and for our Bishop who works so hard. So we all fold our arms (well, not me b/c I was driving) and Katelund says her prayer. She said, "Thank you so much for the beautiful earth that we live on and thank you for our Bishop and all that he does to serve our country and world." It was so sweet, but I think she confused the role of a Bishop and a veteran. Although, I guess when you think about it, Bishops really do make our country and our world a better place.
So thank you Veterans and thank you Bishops!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! And I think you're right! I love the new look of your blog. And all the entries!

Harrington said...

Melissa,

I am glad you found my blog too. It is great to see you and your family. Your girls are so cute. Cloey looks like you and Katelund looks like Cory. How are you guys doing? We really like California a lot. Our ward is great. My email is ashleyharrington3@yahoo.com. Keep in touch.

MANDY said...

How nice that K just said a prayer spur of the moment like that.....somedays it's tough to get B to pray and I don't understand it.

Bonnie said...

so did you change your blog page already? I thought just the othre day it was green I like it better black . cute. Bishops are great aren't they!!!!!!

Deana said...

I think that is too sweet. You know Gregg is a bishop and I'm positive he would appreciate Katelund's prayer.Thanks for the post.

Jen said...

As a kid I was REALLY confused about the difference between church and government. I often got the President of the Church mixed up with the President of the U.S.A.

My siblings had this problem too. Once when Ryan was really young, we had a talk about him not dating until he was 16 (he was a really girl-crazy little kid). He was convinced that if he dated or kissed a girl before he was 16, that he would go to jail--because it was a law.

Life is confusing to get all figured out!

Blog Archive