Monday, November 17, 2008

Boring Games

Sometimes I get so caught up in all of the things that need to be done; cleaning, organizing, cooking, laundry, etc..., that I forget to make time for the most important thing during the day...spending one on one time with Cloey. I had a whole list of household chores that I needed to accomplish today, and by afternoon Cloey was getting sick of falling me around (heaven forbid that she go and play by herself). She just wanted me to play with her. So, I stopped what I was doing and did a puzzle and then played hide and seek (MANY TIMES!!). Then she said, "what should we play now?" I said, "how about if we play the folding clothes game or the put daddy's socks away game?" She looked at me with an "I'm not that stupid Mom" look and said, "No, no boring games like that. Your games are boring."

Amen to that!!!

10 comments:

Crystal said...

How cute! I need to play a lot more boring games around my house!

All Fun Family said...

haha, that's cute. I wish I could play more fun games!

Jen said...

What a good mama you are to put off your boring games and play with Cloey! Kudos to you!

Jenny P. said...

Wouldn't life be grand if we didn't have to play any boring games? I try and get my kids to think that doing chores are fun.. they totally don't buy it at all.

You're a good Mom. That's the one thing I always wish, at the end of the day, I did more of. More playing.

Dean said...

Cloey is one smart kid. I can't tell you how many times I have fallen for that game with Laura! She gets me every time.

C. Leah said...

Hi Melissa~ Thanks for your comment on my blog. :)

Wow, so you were in the hospital for a month...I'm so sorry. When I had my 2nd son, Jacob, I was in there for about 5 days because of what happened.
Did your Drs. have a cause of why yours happened? Mine couldn't ever say why I had my abruptions- they didn't know why.

On another note...I also wanted to tell you, my cousin is in the stake that your dad or FIL (father-in-law) is the Stake President over, (I can't remember which one it is?).
Just thought that was neat...it's a small world after all. :)

-Carmen

Lew said...

You totally remind me of myself...trying to fake my kids out. So funny that Cloey didn't fall for it. Your girls are so freakin' adorable!!

MANDY said...

I'm so relieved to hear that you do this, too.....sometimes I really beat myself up about not sitting down enough to just play with Mallory. When big sister starts school, things change for mommy, huh?

Tricia said...

Couldn't fool Cloey! :)
I really like the new look to your blog.

Unknown said...

Too bad kids are soooo smart these days! What a great Mom for taking time out!

Blog Archive