Monday, November 24, 2008

Lice and Chicken Pox

Last week Katelund came home with a letter from school letting all of the parents know that one of the students in the class has lice. They advised us all to check our child every day for awhile to make sure that they don't get it. Okay, I have to stop here and explain something. I am...well some people (like my family) think I am a little bit of a hypochondriac. I have not only thought that I've had every disease imaginable but I also thought at one point that Katelund had bone cancer b/c she was having growing pains in her legs. I was so convinced that it was more than growing pains that I made the doctor do an x-ray just in case. I have also taken Cloey into the doctor b/c I thought she had a tumor since her nose kept bleeding (I saw something on tv where the guy had bloody noses all the time b/c he had a tumor). Anyways, now that you have a little better understanding of me...back to my story...

So, Katelund was just fine. But, I swear to you the second after I checked her all of the sudden my head started itching like crazy!!! I seriously thought that somehow the lice had gotten on her backback or clothes or something (I don't even know if that is possible) and gotten in my hair. I was for sure that I had lice. Well after checking my head and both of my girls' heads for about 5 days now, I am finally feeling better about the whole thing. I think we all made it through lice-free. :) WHEW!!!

The only problem is that Andrea (my big sis) called me tonight to tell me that she thinks her daughter has chicken pox. Well, here we go. I am itching like crazy!!! I've never had chicken pox. I hope it can't spread through the phone... J/K (after my ditsy post, I decided I better put J/K after that last statement so that nobody wonders if I was really serious) :)

By the way, my friend Destinee (the photographer who took the pics on my last post) is not only great at taking pictures, she is also AMAZING with children and just an awesome person to know!!! If anyone local needs a good photographer...click here for a link to her business blog.

10 comments:

InkMom said...

Lice is my biggest fear. Seriously. I totally feel your pain. In fact, my scalp is itching right now!

Jody Reale said...

Friends, fear not. Because after paying my dues, I know exactly what to do about lice. And because I once shared your terror, I wrote a handbook about what it takes to get rid of the little critters in just a few days. (I'll be happy to send you a free copy if you like.) With chicken pox, however, you're on your own. *scratch*

Anonymous said...

Yes I saw her business link at she takes awesome pictures wish I could get some of my kids for christmas....

Lisa said...

ha! thats funny. it's hard when it comes to kids to know what exactly they have and dont. i think i'm the opposite though and don't actually believe she's ever sick until the fever hits and she's not doing anything. yikes! maybe i should be more worried and concerned instead of less.

Amber said...

Soooo glad you made it through alive!! LOL

Rebecca said...

Chicken pox are very unattractive. Hope you don't get them! And your friend did a great job on your picures. I went to her site. Do you know where she gets her pictures processed?

Tricia said...

I'm glad you don't have to worry about lice over your Thanksgiving Dinner. LOL

All Fun Family said...

oh my goodness, you are hilarious! I thought you'd outgrown that, but apparently not. I didn't know you haven't had chicken pox. How did you get out of that?

MANDY said...

I have been known to have some of the same worrying thoughts, Melissa. I've been fighting off the cancer concern for Bethany for like 2 months now.....stomachaches everyday, headaches, and hurting legs. What if I just wrote it off and something is really wrong? We can drive ourselves crazy, huh? OH, and the lice thing.....I think everyone reacts that way to lice checks. I did tons of them as a teacher and now as a mom, and everytime I itch afterwards.

C. Leah said...

I know what you mean about being a hypochondriac...um, I've been known to be that way, (too). :)

So glad you didn't have to deal with either of those problems!! :)

Blog Archive