Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Oh How Lovely Was the Morning

This morning I went on a run before Cory had to leave for work. I didn't go my usual route, I decided to go the other direction. Everything was perfect. The trees were breath-taking with all of their multi-colored leaves, the air was crisp, cold, and fresh, and the sky was the most beautiful blue without a cloud in the sky. On my way back home, I was running up a hill with my music blaring and feeling great. As I got to the point where it leveled out, I stopped dead in my tracks.

It was the most beautiful scene. I can't even put it into words for you. There was not a house to be found. The road was lined on both sides with the most amazingly tall and beautiful trees . Their bright yellow, red, and orange leaves were falling down everywhere in the breeze and the sun was shining through the branches. I was completely in awe!! On my music, I turned on the song, "Oh How Lovely Was the Morning" (one of my favorites). I started walking and I just wept as I soaked in all of the beauty around me. As I listened to the words of the song, my heart burned within me as I felt the Spirit testify once again to me that Joseph Smith truly did see God the Father and His son, Jesus Christ.

During our Women's Conference this last weekend, one of the speakers (one of my favorites) was "Inkmom". My favorite line in her talk was, "If He [God] made everything, then why shouldn't we see Him in everything." This morning I definitely did.

5 comments:

Jenny P. said...

Had a moment like that once... also in the morning. Came out of the gym and saw the sunrise... bright orange clouds, pinks, and yellows... it was beautiful. In that moment I was so overwhelmed. Totally felt like God painted the sky just for me that morning.

Thanks for sharing. :)

MANDY said...

Oh, I love that! What an awesome experience! This earth is beautiful, and we're so blessed to see Heavenly Father in that beauty.

Unknown said...

Awesome! And I love what Inkmom said too! Thanks for sharing!

InkMom said...

Thank you, Melissa!

When we lived in Memphis, I would cry when we caught our first glimpse of the mountains coming across on I-40. I feel God's love every time I look outside and see the beautiful world He gave us to inhabit.

Thanks for sharing.

InkMom said...

Also, you're making me want to reevaluate the music on my IPod because, um, I don't run to hymns. Maybe I should try it -- sometimes I need serious inspiration to get out of bed and run early in the morning!

Blog Archive