Sunday, November 30, 2008

Notes from Katelund



While I was cleaning Katelund's room today, I found a note (look at 2nd picture) that she had written to me it said...

Der Mom
tvat hrts
mi filez

Translation: Dear Mom, That hurts my feelings.

That is her new thing that she says when she gets in trouble. I think she learned it from Cloey. (I can look at Cloey the wrong way and she'll get all upset and say, "Why are you mad at me Mommy?")

I also found another note (1st picture) that said...

I lov you
Jeses.
You ar mi favte.

Translation: I love you Jesus. You are my favorite.

Katelund is just taking off on her writing. She seriously writes notes ALL day long as she sits and sounds out every word she can think of. I LOVE to read what she writes!! One of my very favorite parts of student teaching in Kindergarten was reading what they would write about in their daily journals and seeing how they would sound out the words.

Tonight as I was laying with Katelund in bed, she started to write letters on my palm with her finger. After she was done she whispered, "Mommy I just wrote I love you on your hand." Does Motherhood get any better than that?

5 comments:

Stefi Patterson said...

You have amazing children! I don't motherhood gets any better than seeing your children enjoying education, choosing the right, and showing appreciation. You have taught them everything they know! Great job!!!

MANDY said...

How awesome! B. doesn't do that yet....sound out to write words. I do know how amazing it feels to see your kids learn, though. Bittersweet because they're progressing but also growing up so fast.

Jenny P. said...

I passed an old man in the grocery store today who looked at me and said, "you really enjoy your children, don't you?"

Of course I do... sad that there are so many who don't. It's hard not to when they do stuff like this!

Sweet post!

janae said...

Melissa, I stumbled upon your blog accidentally. What are the chances? I had no idea you had been through so much this year. I bawled when I read about your baby girl. You are an awesome mother. Katelund and Cloey are getting so big. It doesn't seem like we left Asheville that long ago. And Katelund is in kindergarten?! I can't believe it. ---janae weekes

Unknown said...

This one tugs at the heart strings! I love it! I love reading Avery's too. What a great way to end the day with her writing on your hand.

Blog Archive