Monday, October 02, 2006

Conference Weekend

This weekend we got to spend conference weekend with Cory's family. They decided to drive up Saturday morning and spend the rest of the weekend with us. John, Sherrie, Stefani, and Logan came to stay in our tiny little apartment. I was a little bit nervous about space, especially considering the fact that we have so much of our stuff crammed into our apartment. My worries were washed away as they came in and I realized how excited I was to see them and spend time with them.

We had so much fun together!!! We all loved conference (although I think Sherrie and I were the only ones who didn't fall asleep at some point). We also played games, talked, Cory and Logan wrestled, Sherrie and I planned seminary lessons, Stefani talked on the phone and played with the girls, John snuggled with Cloey most of the weekend, and we had a birthday dinner for Cory and Logan.

Saying goodbye after the final session was hard for three reasons. First of all, it will probably be another couple of months before we are together again, and secondly because I did not want conference to end!!! I could have listened to 4 more sessions. It is amazing how the older you get the more you come to LOVE and look forward to conference. Lastly, it was really hard because I felt like we were saying goodbye to President Hinckley. As we were singing the closing song, "We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet", tears were rolling down my cheeks as I bore a testimony of gratitude in my heart of how blessed we are to have a living prophet to lead and guide us in these latter days. President Hinckley is one of a kind and he has done so many incredible things. In, fact Elder Bednar said to the Honduras missionaries that he finally understands why there are twelve apostles....to keep up with President Hinckley. I know that all the prophets of the past and future are and will be incredible...but, I will always hold a special place in my heart for President Hinckley, who taught me to "Stand a Little Taller".

3 comments:

Andrea said...

How fun to spend a weekend together - especially Conference weekend. It sounds like so much fun living in a small space with lots of quality family time - like when you were here. That's where great memories are made.

Nicole said...

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blogs. I think this conference I must have really needed it because I soaked everything in or your dad encouraged us as a ward to read the previous conference Ensign before this conference and guess what I did it. That could have helped me too. Anyway, I really enjoyed it too.

Katie Bear said...

conference was definately amazing! I loved it and felt the spirit so strongly. It seemed like an especially good conference this year. All of the talks were absolutely amazing.

Blog Archive