Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sore Muscles

Yesterday I went to Cory's gym (he gets a free membership from a renter at the mall). I decided to do tons of weights (which I had already done that morning at the exercise room here at the apartments) and to run 3 miles (I had already ran a mile that morning). Well, today I am feeling quite sore!!!! Especially in my arms and chest. I really need to be running that much a day but I have been so bad about it since we've moved here. I run a couple of days a week and only 2-3 miles each time. I have got to get back into my training or I'll never run my half marathon before another baby joins our family. I really want to run the 1/2 marathon this winter but it might have to be pushed back to spring. I don't know, we'll see. I could do it a lot sooner if I didn't have to worry about running it here in the mountains. Hills are so much harder to run!!!

I went to a baby shower this morning. Carrie (one of my friends) came to pick me up and take me there since she couldn't get a hold of me and she knew I didn't have a car to get there. She is so sweet. While at the shower, there were a lot of people there to socialize with but for some reason I found myself hanging around the same sisters the whole time. I was very disappointed in myself afterwards because I should have taken the opportunity to mingle with everyone. I just need to get into my groove again of making friends. I am finding that this ward is quite a challenge for me, but that is not going to stop me!!! Because I am " a bumblebee happy and free to explore new tomorrows with delight and glee". :)

I guess I am just experiencing some sore muscles today (physically and socially). :)

3 comments:

becky said...

Oh Melissa you little bumble bee !!! You make me laugh, and bring me delight and glee :)

Andrea said...

You are so funny, little bumble bee...

Katie Bear said...

haha, that's cute, mel. I like your little analogy. I'm sure you'll get back into the groove soon enough.

Blog Archive