Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Friend from Heaven...

Yesterday at the baby shower, I invited a girl from the ward to come over today so that her son and Katelund could play and so that we could get to know one another. On our first Sunday in this ward, I past her in the hall and she stopped me and told me how beautiful I was (which makes me laugh because she is the beautiful one) She is a Spanish girl that grew up in Brooklyn, New York. She was baptized at the age of 17 when missionaries knocked on her door.

I am so excited because I think that I just found my new best friend. Her name is Marie. She is incredible, funny, humble and she has a unshakable testimony. Her husband is struggling with the gospel right now and he works on Sundays, so she brings her 3 children to church by herself week after week. We had such a great time talking. She is one of those people that you want for your friend because she makes you want to be better.

One of the things that made me the most excited about having her as a friend, is when she told me that she doesn't want to be part of the gossip (there is quite a lot of gossip among some of the sisters in the ward). We both think that we must have been friends in heaven. :)

4 comments:

becky said...

I'm glad that you have found such a good friend. She sounds like a real nice person and what a relief to not have to be a part of the gossip. I tend to want to pull away from the people in my ward that do that, I need to learn how to not close them out, still be friendly, but not a part.

Nicole said...

Aren't friends great. I thank Heavenly Father every day for yor sister. I'm so happy for you. How lucky she is to have you too.

Andrea said...

I am so happy for you. What an answer to prayers! How old are her kids?

Katie Bear said...

I am so glad you found a best friend melissa! That's awesome. I knew you'd be able to find someone. You are, afterall, our little social butterfly.

Blog Archive