Friday, October 06, 2006

Finally....

I have finally been called to be a visiting teacher. I have been kindof anxious about getting my assignment because I really want the blessings from getting to know and serve some of the sisters in the ward. I really struggled with a desire to do visiting teaching until I lived in Fayetteville. I had such incredible experiences with the sisters I visit taught there, and I actually felt like they needed me. In other wards I'd lived in, I never really felt like it made any difference if I went each month or if I did not. I prayed for a testimony of visiting teaching when I lived in Arlington, and little did I know that in the next place that we lived, that not only would my testimony of visiting teaching come, but also my love for it.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Whoo hoo! Your dream come true! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Way to go!

(if only everyone had the enthusiasm you do...)

becky said...

Visiting teaching is a great way to develop relationships with sisters. I'm glad you finally got your visiting teaching assignment. Enjoy. Actually again my first thoughts were exactly that of Andrea's, if only everyone had your enthusiasm for visiting teaching what a world it would be!!!

Katie Bear said...

I just got my visiting teaching assignment today too!! I am soo excited!

Blog Archive