Thursday, October 12, 2006

Politics

Today I was watching Oprah as I was folding my laundry. It was actually a really interesting show. They had an author on the show who wrote a book about the war in Iraq, 911, the lack of truth in propaganda, and the lack of demand for truth in America today.

I understand the fact that we went into war under circumstances that may not have been 100% accurate, but I really believe that Bush is a God-fearing man and that he does everything in his power to do what is best for the country. If the reasons we went into war turned out to be a different, then I am okay with that because I trust that Bush did what he felt was needed.

Maybe I am being a bit niave or idealistic, but I am so sick of everyone slamming on Bush. People are making such a big thing about how we, as American people, were lied to. Well I think that it is pretty ironic how all of the sudden everyone has morals and feels the need for honesty and integrity in our world. I really think it is more about people just needing someone else to blame for the problems we face as a country. I don't believe that the war on terrorism will end until the Second Coming, in fact we were told that in General Conference. As long as we are doing all that we can as a nation to help others and keep our country free and safe, then I don't feel the need to get all upset about what we were and were not told. In fact, I for one am glad that I don't have to make the decisions about whether or not we go to war. That is a decision that I leave for our Commander and Chief, the one who knows all of the information and who I chose to make those important decisions.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Very well put... and I agree. It drives me crazy when the media blames EVERYTHING on Bush and calls him "Mr. Bush" but calls Bill Clinton "Mr. President." It makes me so mad.

But I think that it all just part of Satan's attempt to diminish the influence that Bush can have, because he does turn to God.

becky said...

I agree with everything you said. I also think that "we" and that includes the media and everyone else that thinks they know all the facts, don't know all the facts that the president knows or deals with to make the decisions that he makes, that is why we have to elect someone who has our standards and ideals (as close as we can) and then SUPPORT them in their decisions. Speaking of support, that goes for supporting those who do the different callings in our church, support them without trying to do their job in word or deed. (I know I'm not perfect at that but I try)

Katie Bear said...

I agree with all of that. It also makes me mad when people bash bush for everything. No one is perfect, and no president will make all the right decisions in everyone's eyes. He's human too. He is doing the best he can to lead our country, and I'd say he does a pretty good job. It makes me mad that people elect him to take on this responsibility and then they don't even support him when he needs it the most. If they're being so critical, why don't they try to go and be president? and I agree with mom, it's just like a calling. We elected him, and the Lord allowed him to take that position, so we better support him.

Blog Archive