Monday, October 23, 2006

Our Vacation in Asheville




Sorry I haven't written for about 5 days, but I was busy enjoying every moment with Mom and Dad. I had such a wonderful time with them!!! Not only was it a vacation for them but it was also one for me and the girls. They took us to the incredible Biltmore Estate, on a beautiful drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the incredible fall leaves and the beautiful Looking Glass Waterfall, a ride on the Great Smokey Mountain Railroad, and a trolley ride through downtown Asheville. We ate at the most incredible restaurant ever, traveled through tunnels (Katelund called them "turtles" and she got SO EXCITED everytime we went through one), and Cory showed off his new office at the mall. Cloey fell in love with Grandpa and fell asleep on his chest. Katelund always wanted to hold Grandma's hand and walk next to her. Katelund was also spoiled by her Grandpa and loved every minute of it. He took her on a scavenger hunt at the Biltmore, bought her rocks, candy, sunglasses, and whatever else she wanted. Grandma spoiled both the girls with cute new clothes, trains, dolls from Alaska, and Katelund's "cards" (they came with her trains and she carries them around with her everywhere). It was hard saying goodbye because I wanted them to stay longer, but I am so grateful that they came. I love them both so much!!!! There is nothing better than watching your parents who you love so much, playing with and loving your own children. Mom and Dad, thank you for everything!!!! We love you and miss you!!!!

2 comments:

becky said...

You beat me to the blog and posting pictures!! I'll still see if I can find some to post. We love you and miss you, too. I'm going to save my comments for my post. Give our girls a kiss and hug from me.

Andrea said...

Such great pictures! I'm glad that you got to spend time with mom and dad... and that you all had such a great time.

Blog Archive