Thursday, October 05, 2006

A New Day...

Thank you to all of those who commented on my blog yesterday. I love you all so much and I just live to hear from each one of you. I am sorry that I haven't posted pictures lately, but I no longer have access to the technology that I need in order to make that possible. I will ask Cory if he knows another way that I can get them from my camera to the computer. Again, I am so sorry that I was so down, but sure enough the clouds went away last night.

I was walking out to my car yesterday evening and I sat and talked with our new neighbor for quite some time. I forgot her name but she is also 25 and she is living here with her dog. She goes to school here (she actually used to go to Purdue). Her parent's own a bed and breakfast up at Black Mountain so that is why she moved out here. She told me yesterday that she is having a really hard time here because she is lonely and just has no social life. I told her that she could come over anytime she wants. I know that it was not a coincidence that I ran into her yesterday!!! Heavenly Father knew that she is just what I needed. I have now been praying and pondering upon what I can do to make her feel better about living here. Today I am going to make some cookies and take them to her (this really is a sacrifice because thanks to the South Beach Diet, I can't even have one bite of dough). It is amazing how when you focus your thoughts and energy on serving others, your worries and problems seem to disappear.

After Cory got home last night, we got the strollers out and walked to the store to get some milk. We had so much fun on our walk and it was just what I needed. I love Cory so much, he always knows just what to do to make me feel better. Then when we got back from the store we heard a knock on our door. It was one of our neighbors, Bryan (he is head of security at the mall). He is the father of the girl that I was babysitting the other week while her mom was in the hospital. Well her mom (Tonya) is back in the hospital again. Anyways, he came over to borrow our cell phone to call his wife because his phone was dead. Well after he called his wife, he told us that he had been thinking about some of the things that I had told him about our religion. Anyways, we ended up having about an hour discussion about the gospel. It was AWESOME!!!!! I couldn't think of a better way to end a day!!!! I got to be a MISSIONARY!!!!! I can't wait to go on a mission someday. Hopefully him and his family will come to church with us this week. As Bryan was leaving last night I handed him a Bookof Mormon and then Cory highlighted Moroni's promise and told him that he knew that if he prayed after he read it that he would know for himself of its' truthfulness.

So as I start a new day, I do so with a much better attitude and with gratitude in my heart for my Heavenly Father who shows me his love each day.
P.S. Grandma, if you are reading this, I just want you to know that I have changed my blog commenting rules so that you can now post as anonymous. Love ya!!!!

3 comments:

becky said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better today. I knew you would!! We all have those days, at least the people that I know of. I haven't blogged yet today, but I told myself that I couldn't read your blog without letting you know I was here and read it. We are getting excited to come out and see you guys and hug and kiss those girls!!! Have a great day!! Love ya

Andrea said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Like mom already said, everybody has those days. So don't worry about it. Aren't you lucky you have so many people who care! :)

Thanks for sharing your missionary story. That's awesome.

Katie Bear said...

Aren't the tender mercies of the Lord amazing? The Lord always knows just how to comfort us and bring us peace, no matter what the situation. It's amazing what a huge difference He can make in your day when you lay your burdens at His feet. He is ALWAYS there and ALWAYS more than willing to help.

Blog Archive