Tuesday, February 14, 2012

{Day 14}

I love...

...the following quote.

Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?


Growing up, my mom would always have a beautiful bouquet of flowers in my room when I would come home from school on Valentine's Day. It meant SO much to me, so much in fact, that I have carried on this tradition with my own girls. This year I decided to add a little teaching moment with it since it went so well with our family night lesson on Monday (click here to watch the video that our lesson was based on).

I chose the red rose because not only is it Katelund's favorite flower, but also because in primary red stands for "courage to do what is right". The older my girls are getting, the more I am realizing how essential it is to teach them to have courage. Courage to stand for the right, even and especially when they are standing all alone.


Dare to be a Mormon;
Dare to stand alone.
Dare to have a purpose firm;
Dare to make it known.

No comments:

Blog Archive