Friday, February 10, 2012

{Day 10}

I love...

...water.

Water is a necessity. In 50-70 degree weather, a person would only survive a week and a half without water. Two thirds of our body is made up of water and 70% of the earth is covered in water. It is a huge part of our lives and our world. Without it, our world and all the people in it would cease to exist.

But aside from the obvious necessities of water, it is also used in great amounts each day to refresh and wash our bodies, our dishes, our clothes, our cars, our lawns, our plants, and our food. If we were to suffer from a drought (such as in Biblical times), our world would completely be turned upside down. During the hot summer months in Texas (and many other places), cities are actually put on water restrictions. There are certain days and times when you can or cannot water your lawn. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to live in a time when drinking water was restricted as well. How blessed we are to be able to turn on our facet, our washers, our sinks, etc to use however much water we need or want.

Today as I was swimming laps and enjoying the water as it surrounded itself around my body, I felt such gratitude for water. Not only for water in the pool and in a bottle, but also for the Living Water. A couple of years ago, I realized something very interesting to me. I most often receive promptings and personal revelation when I am showering or doing dishes...when I am around water.

Whether it is actual water or the Living Water, we need it. It is and should be the most important thing we take into our bodies and spirit. Just as I immersed myself into the waters of baptism 23 years ago, I hope that I immerse myself into the gospel of Jesus Christ everyday for the rest of my life, so that I will never find myself in a drought and suffering from spiritual thirst. Through Him, we will be filled. We are filled as we thirst and hunger after righteousness, as we feast upon the scriptures, as we weekly partake of the water in sacrament, and as we submerge and drowned our will and allow His will to flow within our life. There are no restrictions or limitations. Through Him, we truly can drink and never thirst again.

2 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

What a beautiful post!! I have to agree with the inpirastion while in water! Showers are like that for me too:)
Love you Melissa!!

All Fun Family said...

Showers are my best spot for inspiration too! Maybe because it is a place I can go to be alone and clear my head. Whatever the reason, I hadn't thought of the symbolism--that's cool.

Blog Archive