Friday, October 17, 2008

What is it about blogging?

I don't know but whatever it is I LOVE it!! I had some friends over this morning and of course my conversation (like many that I have) found its way to mentioning how much I love to blog and how I think that they should do it too. I must have done a great convincing job b/c I have now introduced fresh blood to the blogging world. I don't know if they will curse my name (once they are addicted) or thank me like crazy (b/c hopefully they will love it too). There are a lot of reasons why I love blogging, but I have decided to narrow it down to a top 10 list.

1. Because writing down my feelings and frustrations is so therapeutic.
2. I no longer feel guilty about not writing in my journal...this is my very non-private journal. :)
3. Because I have gotten to know my friends and family on such a deeper level b/c there is just something about writing that really shows whats in your heart and who you are.
4. Because I love to feel the validation, love, and support that comes from all of those who leave comments.
5. I have kept record and written about things that I never would've otherwise.
6. Through my blog, I really feel like I have been able to feel more gratitude in my life.
7. I have come to see how amazing people really are.
8. I have learned so many things and gotten so many great ideas from other friends' blogs.
9. I have realized how much we really do need each other. I need to know that I am not alone in this crazy scary world and that there are other moms out there who have the same fears, worries, and dreams that I do.
10. And last but definitely not least...In sharing my sorrow and pain over losing Clairisa, I have found healing.

Thank you to all of my blogging friends. I love you all.

7 comments:

Lena said...

I agree 100%!!!!

Andrea said...

Aren't you glad I bugged you and made you do it 2 1/2 years ago! And you thought I was crazy... :)(Can you believe it's been that long! Wow!)

Rebecca said...

I love blogging too. And I love that you blog. There were a lot of feelings that I had when we lost Hollis that I haven't written down yet and by reading your blog there are many things I have been able to remember and I am grateful for that. Not to mention, you guys are super cute!!

Unknown said...

Hi. My name is Destinee. And I am addicted to blogging.

But I'm with you. I think it is a great outlet. A great way to connect with friends and family. A great way to keep a record of daily happenings. (A great way to avoid laundry!

I'm so glad you've been able to find healing through blogging. And so glad you've been willing to share your feelings and Clairisa with us. I've learned a lot and have felt the spirit through so many of your posts.

love ya-

Jenna said...

woo hoo! yea for blogging!!

MANDY said...

I love you, too! Great list....I tell all of my friends about it, too. If somebody hasn't posted in a while, I miss them so much! This has got to be one of the best things to do with our time....it meets our needs in more than one way.

Lisa said...

i agree completely! moving every couple of years and losing contact with friends from the past has made me such a firm believer in blogging! i feel like i live next door to all my friends and can see into their daily lives. thanks for bringing more into the pact!

Blog Archive