Tuesday, October 07, 2008

More Pictures

I have a confession. I totally kept Katelund home from school yesterday b/c she stayed up way too late all weekend long with Grandma and Grandpa. She just needed a catch-up day.
My Grandma Black's FAMOUS Apple Crisp. It is a family favorite. Here is the recipe...
1 tsp cinammon
2 tbsp flour
1 c. sugar
3-4 cups grated apples
Mix together and put in bottom of an 8x8 pan
3/4 c. butter
3/4 c. oats
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
Mix and sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. It is best when served with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream!!!

12 comments:

All Fun Family said...

ooo yum! I don't think I've had her apple crisp. Do you have Blue Bell up there?!

Melissa said...

Yes we do!!!!

Lena said...

Wow- we just had Apple Crisp with ice cream on Sunday! It went way too fast. I like your new toy!

Deon said...

I have been craving apple crisp. Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to try it out.

MANDY said...

Yummy...I might try that. what kinda apples do you use? I'm glad Katelund had a great weekend with Grandma and Grandpa.

Lew said...

Yeah for your new van!! I love it. Your girls are just adorable!!

Melissa said...

I think the apple crisp tastes best with Granny Smith apples.

Unknown said...

YUMMY! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. And even more for surprising me with some for FHE. I seriously had two helpings last night and some for breakfast! Now I'm counting down the minutes until I can put the kids to bed and savor (polish off) the last of it. MMmmmm. Thank You!!
Are you loving the van?

Staceroo said...

I'm going to try this recipe out. Sounds delicious.

Lisa said...

yummy, i have been craving some fall treats lately. this looks delicious! thanks for the recipe!

Deon said...

So we tried out the apple crisp, wow, it was so amazing! It totally hit the spot. I say "was" because it is long gone. Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe.

Lew said...

I'm totally making this apple crisp tonight for our Priesthood Preview. Wish me luck! Thanks for sharing.

Blog Archive