Monday, October 06, 2008

Conference Goals

The man who said the opening prayer during the Sunday afternoon session said it perfectly, "our wounded hearts have been healed, our hardened hearts have been softened, and our weakened hearts have been strengthened." Instead of listing my favorite quotes like I usually do, I have decided to make a list of some of the things that I felt in my heart; things that I feel impressed to change or do better at...

1. Simplify my life.
2. Share the gospel of Jesus Christ, it is the greatest gift I have to offer.
3. Prepare my family with "spiritual home storage".
4. Arrive early for sacrament meeting in order to prepare myself for the most important thing I will do all week.
5. Increase in hope
6. Be more angelic to others
7. Increase the unity of our home and Young Women
8. Be a peacemaker more often
9. "Step away from sowing seeds of disunity"
10. Look for opportunity in the midst of opposition
11. Make a stand for a return to virtue
12. Find joy in the journey NOW!
13. "Never let a problem to be solved more important than a person to be loved"
14. Adapt to the changes in my life and find joy in them.
15. Have more gratitiude
16. Be a more effective Young Women leader
17. Be a better visiting teacher!!!
18. "Find someone who is having a hard time and do something for them"
19. Be generous
20. Enjoy each day with my children

4 comments:

MANDY said...

I love your list...how blessed we are to know the truthfulness of the words spoken by our prophet, apostles, and other leaders....to know we're loved and that this life is a continuous journey of self-improvement and growth.

Melissa said...

I thought about you often this weekend, especially on Saturday. I hope you are doing well. Thank you for your list. I thought about you a lot during Elder Hollands talk on Saturday about angels, and how they are always with us, and the Savior never leaves us alone. I don't know why, but I was reminded of a post you made a while ago about the passing of your Grandpa Black I think, and I thought of how he and Clairisa are together being the angels that watch over your family. What a sweet thought! I love you and I hope your doing well.

Melissa said...

Thanks Melissa. I agree, I think that they are the angels on the other side that are watching over our family. That talk was my favorite talk! I thought a lot about all of the angel mortals in my life. You are one of them. Thank you.

Unknown said...

I love this post! It helped me to remember things I heard/learned. I took notes during almost every talk but they do not do justice to how incredible the talks were. I just had so many favorites!

Blog Archive