Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Lady's Night"

The last couple Family Home Evenings, the girls and I have given Cory massages as part of the night in order to show our thanks to him for all of his hard work on our behalf. Well yesterday Cory said that he was going to do Family Night. So he turns on relaxing music, turns the lights down, and gives us each a towel to lay on. Then he says that since we have been spoiling him lately, that he wanted to give us a "lady's night". Then he gave each of us a facial with a mud mask, apricot mask, and moisturizing massage on our face and hands. It was AMAZING!! I wish my camera would've been charged b/c it was pretty funny to see all of us with our mud mask on. After the massages, he follows up with a scripture and mini lesson on service. I just kept looking at him in awe! Throughout these last couple of months, Cory and I's love and appreciation of one another has really increased. I am so grateful for such an incredible husband. He truly is my best friend, the man of my dreams....my everything!

9 comments:

MANDY said...

Isn't it wonderful to experience the growth of a marriage, that strengthening of your bond and friendship? I have experienced that for different reasons, but I know how it feels, kind of, and there's nothing better than that! Way to go, Cory! You do have amazing girls, so keep spoiling them. :)

Deon said...

I am so jealous right now. I need to have Manny read this for when he comes home. :) What an awesome FHE.

Rebecca said...

You guys need to move back...Randy and Cory obviously need to hang out more! Man, lucky you!!

Ry said...

That is so sweet!

Ry said...

I forgot my husband was logged on here. That last comment is Destinee. Have a great week!

Kristy said...

Melissa -
I don't know if I should leave this here, but I don't have your email address and Andrea is so super busy subbing - I don't want to bother her.

All that to say, I know that you don't know me, but I have been keeping up with you {thru Andrea & your blog} and praying for you since Andrea told me that she was going to be an aunt again.

I told her of this blog that I follow and I don't know if she passed it on to you or not, but the posting today is about the Day of Remembering the moms and babies that aren't together anymore. If you have the time and feel like you can, go there and read. It might hurt - actually, I know it will.

But, it might help to know that there are so many moms out there like you and maybe, just maybe you can gain strength from them.

Still praying for you -
Kristy

Anonymous said...

So - I'm guessing that you might need the website to look at the blog!

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/10/october-15.html

Amber said...

That is really sweet!! What a fun night! Isn't is wonderful when our husbands keep the love and romance alive??

Staceroo said...

OH yeah, he's definitely a keeper!

Blog Archive