Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Picture Udate

First of all, as embarrassing as this is, I have to tell you what was going on while I was uploading these pictures this morning. There was a fire going on in my kitchen....yes, I'm serious. I had turned on a burner b/c I was going to boil some water and then I left the room to come to the computer. Well, I heard some funny noices and smelt a funny smell, sure enough I went into the kitchen and I'd turned on the wrong burner. The one that I had turned on had a plastic spoon laying over the top of it that had about 6 inch flames all around it. Yes, it was very scary and luckily it was easy to get out. Although now my house smells like burnt plastic. So nasty. The other week Cloey had her hair chopped off. She was very excited and I was very nervous.
This picture doesn't even do it justice...it looks SO ADORABLE!!!
My new toy

Cory's new toy. If you are wondering why he looks like he is growing a forest on his face, it is because "it is almost hunting season". Apparently, I am going to be married to a grizzly bear during hunting season every year.

8 comments:

All Fun Family said...

haha, how does hunting season merit a beard? Is it so he can blend in better with the animals? Cloey's hair looks adorable! Your girls are so beautiful.

MANDY said...

I get the beard thing....I come from a family of hunters, but luckily - Brad does not, so no scratchy beard for me. It helps them blend in and stay warm in the cold when they hunt, right? Cloey's hair looks cute. And, nice van! I hope you guys really enjoy it. If you wanna take a road trip, we're about 5 hours away, I think. :)

Amber said...

I had no idea you got a new car!! How fun!! I bet you just love it. I'm glad you had fun in Fayetteville. Love ya!

Lew said...

I totally melted my measuring spoons yesterday, so I understand the smell of burnt plastic! Sorry that happened to you too, although yours was much more dramatic with the fire and all!

Rebecca said...

Dangit! I really wanted to see you guys the next time you came out here. I guess I will forgive you and finally just mail the something that I have for you. Your van looks great; we love ours!!

Staceroo said...

I am so absent minded these days I'm surprised my house is still standing. I started some hard boiled eggs and then went outsided to get the mail, which led to a small excursion to push Kate on a swing, which led to talking to a neighbor . . . I came back to about 1/2" of water left in the pan. I find 1/2 finished jobs all over the house. I'm glad nothing serious happened with your fire!

Dean said...

Hunting beards are AWESOME!! Mine is coming along quite nicely as well! Sweet van by the way!

erin sheely said...

What a great van! I'm sorry about your little fire. Tom grew a beard a few week ago but shaved it off when I told him I didn't mind it as long as he didn't kiss me. :)

Blog Archive