Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Trot, Turkey Bowl, and TURKEYS!

We had a great Thanksgiving! We started out the morning with some family traditions...Cory playing some flag football at the high school with a bunch of boys and men from the ward (while the girls cheered them on), and I went to the annual Asheville Turkey Trot 5k. It wasn't my PR (personal record), but it was still a great run. After we met back up at the house, we cooked like crazy and then went over to our friends', the Hutcheons, house. We had dinner with them and another family from our ward. Katelund and Cloey LOVE Laura and Dean. They have a lot of fun playing with the girls and vice versa. After a delicious dinner, we all went over to another family's house, the Curridens to have pie. I think there was about 7 or 8 pies to choose from. In fact, I had my new favorite pie...chocolate pecan. It was fabulous!



Before we ate, the boys all sat around watching football (GO COWBOYS!). If you look closely, you will notice Cory holding the Davis' newborn baby boy, Xander. Cory says that he was getting his baby fix out of his system, but it only made me more baby hungry just watching. :)

What cute little TURKEYS! :)
Do you think they love Laura?
Katelund loves to tease and play with Dean.

I have so much to be thankful for. My list could go on and on, but I am going to spare you the novel and just narrow it down to one thing. I am so thankful for the great plan of salvation. I am thankful to know who I am, where I came from, and where I am going. I am thankful to know that I can be with my family forever. What a wonderful gift it is to know that the work that I am doing here on earth as a mother and wife, is one with an eternal reward.

6 comments:

Austyn said...

remember last thanksgiving when i baked pies at your house and watched the girls while you ran your FIRST RACE????!!!!!!! wish i could have been there this time.... looks like you had so much fun!

Andrea said...

Sounds like a great day. Love you and miss you! Happy Thanksgiving.

Beth said...

I am so thankful that I can call you my friend, and that I had the chance to be your neighbor! The pictures of the girls are absolutely adorable. I'm so sorry to read about your loss, but I am happy that you were able to go back home and spend some time with your family. I'll be in touch ;-)

Amber said...

It looks like ya'll had a wonderful holiday! We enjoyed our Thanksgiving too. Of course, it would be best if we could have all been together. Love ya!

Ashlie said...

Hey! I'm sorry I didn't get back with you sooner about the playlist but it looks like you've got it covered and it's awesome! Such sweet songs! Your girls are beautiful. I don't blame you for being so grateful. You have SO much to be thankful for!

Rebecca said...

I like the new colors!

Blog Archive