Thursday, November 08, 2007

I've Been Tagged

I have been tagged so now I am supposed to write about six things that people may not know about me. I don't know if I can come up with things that people don't know about me already...but, I am going to give it a try.

1. Since Cory and I have been married (for seven years now), we have lived in six different states and 9 different cities. We have moved a grand total of 12 times (due to all of our summer sales while we were in college) and two of those moves were while I was pregnant. Although there are things that I liked better about some places, I can honestly say that I have absolutely loved everywhere that we have lived (except for maybe Houston). I have good memories from each place and I have made such amazing friends everywhere I've lived. Although I will miss Asheville terribly when we move, I am excited to explore another new place when the time comes.

2. By the time this year is over, I will have ran in 5 races. Four of them being 5ks (3.1 miles) and the fifth one was a half-marathon (13.1 miles). I started running about two years ago when my Grandpa found out that he had leukemia and that he couldn't run races anymore. So... I decided that I would run them for him. I am still planning on running a full marathon someday, but I will have to wait until my kids are in school because I will need a lot of kid-free hours for training. I LOVE to run. It is such a stress-reliever for me and it is my time to be away from the world and just be by myself. There is also something exhilarating about running in a race, especially when I am doing it with Cory by my side.

3. I love to try new things!!!! My friend Austyn and I used to joke about the fact that we were just okay at a lot of things but weren't amazing at any one thing. (Although I don't really know why Austyn would say that because she was INCREDIBLE at MANY things!) I am actually grateful that I don't really excel at anything because the fact that I am just mediocre at so many things makes me not afraid to try something new because I am okay with not being the best at it. [That was really wordy, sorry...I hope it makes sense.]

4. Sunday is my favorite day of the week. Not only do I love the Sabbath and all of the spiritual nourishment that goes along with it, but I also like it because I LOVE to get all dressed up. I don't have to go all out during the week, but on Sunday I am all about busting out the pearls, diamonds (fake ones of course), hair curlers, foundation, and my nicest skirts and dresses. In fact, the majority of my wardrobe is made up of Sunday attire. I also LOVE to dress my girls up. In fact, I think that the majority of their wardrobe is also made up of dresses. What can I say? I love to play dress-up! :)

5. When I was at BYU-Idaho, one of my favorite classes was American Heritage with Brother Marshall. On the very last day of class, I sat on the fourth row back and just tried to soak in everything that I could because it was the very last time that I would be in the class that "changed my life" (there ended up being a handful of those classes by the time I finished school) . When the lecture was over everyone said their goodbyes, got up, and left the room....except for me. I couldn't move. I just sat in my chair and cried my eyes out. He was an amazing teacher and I couldn't imagine my life without getting to listen to his lectures three times a week. I ended up having many more classes and teachers that were just as amazing, but eventually I learned to deal with the fact that they would eventually have to come to an end. I know it sounds wired, but I LOVE to listen to lectures. I just love to learn from others, whether I'm in school, sacrament meeting, general conference, or a fireside... I could sit and listen forever.

6. I have no rhythm. I love to dance and I dream of being a ballerina someday. I also think that I am pretty good at the robot (just ask anyone in Cory's family :) ). Although I don't have rhythm, I have found that my children and Abby think that my ballet skills are pretty amazing, and that is all that matters to me. :)

So either you know me better than you did before or you have already stopped reading because I am not very good at keeping things short and simple. Either way, I have done my part. So here are those whom I would like to tag.... Austyn, Beth, Katie, Jenny, Shanna, and Courtney. I can't wait to learn more about you!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, it wasn't that wordy! It was fun to read... but nothing new to me! Funny how different we are on a lot of those things. Especially the dressing up. I'm happiest in jeans, a t-shirt and flip-flops! Definately NOT a dress!

Amber said...

fun things to read about. i don't know what you're talking about...no rhythm. ha!! so you think you can dance, here you come!!! vaughn & i always look forward to the robot!!

Lindsey said...

how fun to learn more about you! i had no idea you ever lived in houston! i don't blame you for not liking it there. :)

Beth said...

thanks for sharing! Are you still running? I've been trying to run more outside with Isabelle, but the cold air is starting to take it's toll on my asthma. When is your next race? In response to your message, no I haven't been dating lately. Mainly because the guys I'm meeting at Montreat are way too young for me. Hope you're having a good week!
Isabelle sends puppy kisses to Katelund and Cloey :-)

Katie Bear said...

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

wow! first of all, i can not believe that you have been married for 7 years now! and second of all, what has you guys moving so much? that is A LOT of moves. i thought the military wives had it tough but we dont move nearly that much! you are such a sweet friend. i've missed those days at tippins. i was really happy to have gotten to know you better back then and i am so thrilled to be getting to know you all over again. you've always been such a great example to me. thanks! and i love you dearly!!

Blog Archive