Monday, November 12, 2007

The best of both worlds...


This weekend was great!! I had been preparing all week for Young Women in Excellence on Saturday night, the primary program practice with a pancake breakfast on Saturday, and the primary program on Sunday. It was kinda crazy but a lot of fun!! I don't think I should post pictures of other people's children without their persmission, but I did take a picture of the name cards I made to put on the display table for YW in Excellence. I had so much fun with them. I chose a different font for every girl, one that reminded me of her. I spent way too long on it, but it was worth it. It was a wonderful night. I love being the personal progress leader! It is kinda crazy on Sundays because I have to run back and forth between Primary and YWs, but it makes it exciting, right?

The Primary Program was perfect! Last month when I was called to be in the Presidency, I had to leave my favorite calling in the whole world, primary music leader. It was so hard to watch someone else take it over with only weeks until the program, but she did a great job. Although I didn't get to lead the music, I got to sit right by the microphone and help the kids with their parts. I loved being able to see their little hands shaking and to watch how proud they were when they left the stand. Katelund did a great job on her part. She said her line by memory and she didn't act nervous at all. I was so proud of her.

My mom had given me such a great idea for sharing time. In their ward, they had put an insert into the programs for the ward members to write down positive comments to be read to the children after the program. So we did it in our ward as well. I had put a mailbox in the foyer and they just dropped them off as they left the chapel. We had such a great response. It took us about 20 minutes just to read all of the comments to the kids. It was the greatest reward possible. One mom wrote a letter specifically to her daughter to let her know how proud she was of her for being so brave, the little girl was just beaming. They all loved the attention, and I think it was a great bonding experience for the whole ward.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Your place cards turned out really cute! Great job!

Andrea said...

Your place cards turned out really cute! Great job!

Melissa said...

Hey Melissa,
I changed my blog so it is invites only, but I don't have your e-mail to send you an invite. Will you e-mail me your e-mail? Mine is mb4fam@gmail.com Thanks! Melissa

Lindsey said...

That is a great idea! I am sure the kids loved it!

Blog Archive