Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The best mom ever...


When my mom and dad came to visit in September, we went to a little restaurant in downtown Asheville called Tupilo Honey Cafe. It is the perfect place to take someone to give them a taste of Asheville because it is very organic, eccentric, and southern. Anyways, we all ordered their famous sweet potato pancakes and they were DELICIOUS (in fact, when Rachel Ray came through Asheville she raved about them as well). This last week I got a surprise in the mail from my mom. She sent me a sweet potato pancake recipe with some pecans to put over the top and then she had a little note attached that said, "Thinking of you!" How sweet is that!!! It's official...I have the best mom ever! :)

4 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Now that is sweet!

Beth said...

I've been to Tupelo Honey as well and had their sweet potato pancakes. They are AWESOME! Aren't moms the best. That was so sweet of her.

All Fun Family said...

I agree, we do have the best mom ever!

Amber said...

that is so nice!! what a sweet gesture!! ya, you are worst about voicemails. i swear!! love ya!

Blog Archive