Friday, April 27, 2007

"I am so glad that I live in this beautiful world..."


I am so grateful to be a mom. It wasn't until I had children that I learned to really savor each and every moment of life and to appreciate the beauty that surrounds me. I have learned to take the time to look at the birds, flowers, grass, clouds, trees and even the bugs. I have come to love nature more than I ever have in my life. I can actually tell you the names of different plants and flowers, ones that I never knew existed. No wonder we are told over and over in the scriptures to become as little children. They definitely understand what it means to be grateful for the beauty of the world and to savor every moment in it. It is at moments such as these, that in my heart I sing with gratitude, reverence, and vigor the words to one of my favorite primary songs, "I am so glad that I live in this beautiful world that Heavenly Father created for me."

3 comments:

the spitzer family said...

always so insightful...can't say that i have grown up that much yet or want to. i guess it comes with having 2 kids...let's hope it's nit because i am soooo bad. j/k. how long are you here?

Andrea said...

I think that is a great (and important) quality and perspective to have. It gives you gratitude. And who doesn't need more of that! I know I do.

Sherrie said...

Melissa, (please read in tune of I often go walking).
I often go walking in meadows of memories, and I gather moments that I've shared with you.I gather the laughter, the kindness all over.
Dear Melissa, these memories remind me of you.

You are wonderful, I know God smiled the day you were born. Surely He saw the light in you and said this is good.
Love Mommy from the beach.

8:52 AM

Blog Archive