Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter!






We had such a wonderful Easter. Some of our Easter weekend events included; watching "Happy Feet" as a family, playing in the snow (yes, it snowed 2 inches Friday night), flying a kite, having an Easter egg hunt, watching the girls devour Easter candy/food from the Easter bunny (there favorite being gold fish), watching Cloey eat snow, and getting the girls all beautiful in their Easter dresses. Although we didn't have any family to celebrate with, we had so much fun together as our own little family. It was so nice to just hang out together. Although the Easter traditions were a lot of fun, I think my favorite part of Easter was at church. I participated in an Easter Cantata that had speaking and musical parts that told the story of the Crucifixion and Resurrection. I was in the choir so I really had to focus on singing instead of listening too closely to the words because I didn't want to get emotional, but on the part when the Savior appears to Mary I couldn't control myself. The Spirit touched me in a very powerful and personal way. It is hard to describe in words, but it was amazing.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

SO CUTE! I love those dresses! I love the pic of Cloey eating the snow in her Easter dress... adorable!

Katie Bear said...

Those are adorable pictures!! I like how North Carolina and Texas had snow easter weekend. We didn't get any.

Jenna said...

hi Melissa!! I am so excited you have a blog!! I am glad you found mine! I am still figuring out everything. I am quite the blogger rookie but I am excited to use it and am trying to keep it updated. So yes-student teaching is going well but I am so anxious to be done! I cant believe it is here alreay! I love your pics and can't wait to read all your updates!!
love
jenna

Blog Archive