Monday, April 16, 2007

Rook Partners



While we lived in Fayetteville, we started a tradition. Every Sunday night we played couples Rook with our really good friends, Jim and Celeste Ward. After they moved to Tennessee, we played with a couple of our other friends but it just wasn't the same. When we moved here to Asheville, we became really good friends with Dustin and Austyn Smith. They became our new Rook partners. We played every Sunday night at 8pm. The Smith's don't have children yet, so it worked out great. Sometimes they brought fondue or pie and other times we made cookies or Rotel and chips. We looked forward to it every week!! It was our thing. Well, the Smiths will be moving this Thursday to New York City. Dustin got a job with MLS (Major League Soccer). They are so excited, and we are so sad. They were the best Rook partners ever. I don't know how we will ever find a couple to replace them.

Last night we had them over for a great dinner (thanks to Cory) and a great game of Crazy Rook. Katelund and Cloey will miss them so much. They both LOVE Austyn. She always plays hide and seek and spins them around. Last night Katelund got all dressed up and did her hair all up for Austyn (note the attached picture). I don't know if I will ever find a friend to replace her. She has been such a good friend to me!!! I could go on and on about how truly incredible she is. I am so sad to once again say goodbye to an amazing friend. It seems to be the story of my life.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I knew you liked hair bows and girly junk, but don't you think that's a little over the top? :)

becky said...

Oh Katelund, what a beautiful hair do!!! I'm glad you have such a great friend. You seem to find good friends everywhere you go. I'm sorry they are moving away but... New York? You will definitely need to plan a trip to New York. One of my favorite places to play!!!

Jenna said...

Sunday rook games! What a fabulous idea! That is how I started to develop my crush on Cole. Our apartments played Rook together each Sunday. After a while it started to fizzle out and I was like the only really pushing to keep it going becuase I knew I would get to see Cole!

Katie Bear said...

That's such a cute picture. I'm glad I finally got to see a picture of Austyn! She's very pretty. I think she has the same smile as her brother.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Blog Archive