Thursday, April 12, 2007

Joy in My Journey

Today Cory got home from work early so we decided to all go to the park. We played on the playground, had a pull-up contest on the monkey bars, and flew our kite. Then we came home and decided to make the girls their favorite dinner ever...macaroni and cheese with apples. Then as Cory played a golf game on his X-box, I decided that Cory needed a little trimming and pampering to prepare him for the highlight of his week....Thursday night basketball. I trimmed his ear hairs and the unibrow he had going on. Then I gave him a pedicure. The funny thing is that he loved every minute of it....So ADORABLE.

After Cory went to basketball, I should have cleaned up after dinner, folded the laundry, and/or put away the bags of "stuff" that I cleaned out of the car today. But instead, I decided to redesign my blog. It is kindof like rearranging my house. After a couple of months, I just need a change. I guess it is just part of my personality.

To put the cherry on the end of the day, we stayed up until midnight tonight watching "The Pursuit of Happiness". What an incredible movie. It sure puts things into perspective. I cannot even begin to put into words how grateful I am for my family (immediate and extended), for the loving home that I live in, for Cory's wonderful job, and for my knowledge and testimony of Christ and His gospel. Although everyday is not perfect (sometimes not even close to perfect), I find joy and peace in the fact that I too am pursuing happiness, eternal happiness. It is not a destination, but a journey. A journey that defines who we are, who we will become, and where we will go. I am just so thankful for the little things each day that bring joy to my journey.

4 comments:

All Fun Family said...

That is a really good movie. Macaroni and cheese with apples sounds like an awesome meal to me!

Andrea said...

You CRACK ME UP! I like the changes to your blog... very spring-y! As as for your post... what a great, thought provoking subject. (Oh, except I really could have done without the visual of you trimming Cory's excess hair. But I'm sure it will improve his performance at basketball tonight! He is one lucky husband.)

Andrea said...

{Oh, I forgot to mention... the game is on!}

becky said...

After Dad and I saw that movie, he said he really didn't like it. It is too close to the reality that he sees every day as a Bishop. The difference is that most of the people he is working with have no chance of getting out of the poverty and poor living situations they are in.

Blog Archive