Friday, April 20, 2007

Off to the Bronx




On Wednesday night, Dustin and Austyn came over to say their last goodbyes. They filled our fridge with their leftovers, we watched American Idol together, and then we took pictures and gave hugs. I had spent a lot of the day making Austyn her goodbye gift. It was a "Bronx survival kit". I bought little things that she would need to "survive" and then I had little explanations to go with each item. For example, I got her goggles because I figured that since she has already ran 2 marathons that her next training would be for a triathalon, and I figured that she would need the goggles to train in the Hudson River. I also got her some sweet tarts so they would help her stay sweet among all the tough New Yorkers. I got her a black bandana to help her blend in with her neighbors, a set of Rook cards to play with their new Rook partners, etc..... It was a lot of fun to make it but even more fun to see her read each explanation. As they drove away, I lost all control and just sobbed on Cory's shoulder. I still have great friends here but I will miss Austyn terribly!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That is such a cute idea! You are such a great friend. And because of that, I know that you will find another great friend soon!

Blog Archive