Friday, January 30, 2009

Wheat Pancakes

Whew!! That is my sigh of relief that New Beginnings is over. I spent the beginning of this week doing nothing but YW stuff (although, I guess I did blog a little...it's my way to escape for a couple of minutes). I seriously even stopped answering my phone. I just tend to get so distracted and I have a really hard time keeping any conversation under 5 minutes. Instead of returning calls and emails, I have been spending the last two days giving Cloey and Katelund all of the attention that they have not been getting lately. I seriously think I should have gotten the worst mother and worst wife award on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Anyways, I made pancakes for Cloey this morning and I decided to post this recipe because it is my very favorite pancake recipe...and it's wheat (which means you can add as much syrup as you want, right?)

Wheat Pancakes
1 cup milk
3/4 c wheat flour
Blend at high speed for four minutes. Then turn to low and add the following ingredients;
2 eggs
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder

5 comments:

MANDY said...

I'll have to try those pancakes. And, I'm sure the family is just fine....you are an amazing mom and wife even when you're super focused on a project.

Unknown said...

Pancakes make everything right! I can't wait to try out this recipe! Sounds yummy!

Tricia said...

Pancakes for dinner...my fave. I've been eating whole wheat pancakes lately, but I'm liking the sound of your recipe. I'm going to try it with honey instead of white sugar. (And they're good with applesauce instead of syrup, too!)

Lew said...

I totally make wheat pancakes too...Yum! I'll have to give your recipe a try this week though. Sound tasty. Glad new beginnings is over for you :-)

Amber said...

sounds yummy. i'll have to try. 28 days....

Blog Archive