Saturday, January 24, 2009

Your Welcome (for not posting pictures)

I think the blood, gore, and disgustingness in the last 24 hours of my life could possibly be worthy of a season of "24". Okay maybe not, but it has been pretty bad. It all started last night at about 8 pm. Cory was fixing his latest obsession...a model airplane...while we were watching a movie together. Well, as he was trying out his corrections, somehow his hand got in the way of the spinning-out-of-control propellers. As he let out a cry of pain, I looked over to see his hand covered in blood. After my heart started to beat again, I realized that he hadn't lost his hand, he had just cut it up REALLY badly. He has 4 huge lacerations (isn't that what they're called when the cuts are really deep and disgusting?). After cleaning his hand and the carpet (he wouldn't let me touch the blood on the airplane b/c apparently it is now endearing to him), he decided that he could patch it up himself with about 20 (okay, really only 5) butterfly band aids. It was the worst cut I think I've ever seen (except for when I was a cub scout leader in Fayetteville and one of the scouts cut his ear while we were teaching him how to swing a golf club...but that's a whole different story). (What is up with all of these parenthesis...sorry) Anyways, at about 3 pm Cloey came down the stairs hysterically crying and then stopping on stairway #2 to throw up all over the carpet. Yes, I did feel bad for her, but it was pretty disgusting to clean up. Then I found out (in a really disgusting way) that she had also thrown up on stairway #3. Cory helped wash out her hair (with his left hand of course) and then we put her in bed with us so that I could wake up every hour for the rest of the morning and run into the bathroom so we could catch as much of the throw up as we could into the toilet. The rest of today has consisted of cleaning up a lot more throw up, blood, and diarrhea off of carpet and clothes. Disgusting.

It's been a lovely day.

(Maybe I should have titled this post "disgusting" since I used the word like a hundred TIMES!!)

{ETA: Cory did go to urgent care this morning and the doctor gave him an antibiotic to prevent infection and a tetnus shot. Then he told him that he did a great job dressing the wound and closing it up w/the butterfly bandaids. I can't believe he didn't end up with stitches!!}

12 comments:

Jenna said...

What a trooper! Within a few days time I had to clean up both Cole's and Cade's throw up multiple times. Oh the joys of motherhood (and wife-hood!)

Melissa said...

Isn't it fun being a wife & a mom. Brian gets sick when he even smells throw up, so I'm on my own with that. Yuck! I'm glad Cory is okay, and hopefully no one else gets sick. :)

Amber said...

Man, what a day!! I'm so sorry. Hopefully they're doing better now. (Is Cloey still sick?) I'm proud of Cory dressing his wound so well. (He's not going to clean the blood off??) That's kind of gross.

After reading that post, I'm feeling really guilty for my last post. You're day has been much more stressful than mine even was. You inspire me.

p.s. did you like my parenthesis? i love to tease you!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Stubborn men. Geesh. :)
Hope the sickness didn't/doesn't spread.

Austyn said...

holy smokes!! that os so crazy. i love how he made you keep the blood on the plane. so funny.

Deana said...

Things like that happens all at once to us on our toes. Hopefully your good for quite a while.Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what the bandages on Cory's hand were. (I didn't get a chance to ask.) I didn't guess that it was quite as dramatic as it was. Way to be strong!

erin sheely said...

Are you kidding me?! What a lame-o night!

MANDY said...

OH, DEAR!! How is it that both of those unhappy experiences happened within the same 24 hr period?! What moms/wives do for their loved ones, right? There is no way Brad would clean up poo OR throw up, but do I have a choice? :)

Anonymous said...

I got my iPhone the other day and added all my songs to it. I then decided with such a big screen that I needed the artwork. I then used the iTunes feature that tracked down a lot of it. I now want those albums to have on my iPhone but it's not syncing up. Is there a way to get my artwork to go to the iphone from iTunes or do I have to go album by album.
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url] [url=http://www.theatredurant.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=89&p=658#p658]unlock iphone[/url]

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd like to congratulate you for such a great quality forum!
Was thinking this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Sage Brand
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/disney-party-supplies.html]disney Party Supplies[/url].

Blog Archive