Sunday, January 04, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

After a week of being quarantined in my own home, the chicken pox are almost officially gone. Almost. Thank goodness for the vaccine, otherwise it would have been a lot worse of a week.

You may wonder how they got the chicken pox?? Well, I think we may have a medical phenomenon on our hands. The only people that I know who had it was my sister's kids in Texas. Well, my sister sent a package for Christmas with some adorable headbands in them. You know, the headbands she was making when her kids were contagious. Yep, somehow, someway, I think the chicken pox bug had the longest life ever and somehow made it to our home. My doctor does not believe that this is possible, but I'm not convinced.

5 comments:

MANDY said...

Just found out on FB about the chicken pox....I'm sorry about that. I said to Stef that I hoped the vaccinations helped keep it mild. Maybe we'll get to see you guys this next weekend?

Amber said...

i believe it!! I'm glad it's over.

Jenny P. said...

so your kids got the vaccine and they still go the chicken pox? Does that mean anyone can get it, even with the vaccine, and it will just be milder and more tolerable?

Hmmm. Glad it's over now.:) I totally believe that chicken pox can travel through the mail. Why not?!

So, am I going to see you this weekend? :)

Jessica said...

What a way to spread the love. Glad they are feeling better...BTW, did they have the vaccine for C/P? Just wondering if it works...

erin sheely said...

Crazy!! That is no fun. I'm glad the worst is over.

Blog Archive