Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cloey's Declaration

I ran to the store tonight to grab something. Of course, Cloey couldn't stand the fact that I was going somewhere without her so I took her along. Oh wait, I need to preface a little more before I tell you what happened...

For FHE, we have been learning the Article of Faiths songs. We are going to learn a new one on the first Monday of the month and then practice it all month long. So we have been singing the First Article of Faith for a month now and I catch Cloey singing it a lot during the day when she is playing.

Okay, back to the story...

So we walk into the store, and in the loudest voice EVER Cloey sings out, "I BELIEVE IN GOD." I had a lot of strange looks! It was so hilarious. If only I could be that bold when sharing the gospel.

9 comments:

InkMom said...

Hah! I love it! You should give her some pass along cards to hand out to random strangers while she's singing out her declarations. Hey, who knows, her efforts may be way more effective than grown-up ones!

MANDY said...

Oh, that is too cute! What a sweet girl! I wish our girls could be together so much more!

Amber said...

how sweet. i love her!!

one month from tomorrow....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

That's so great! I wish I could be more like that too.

Unknown said...

Awesome! She is so cute!
I'm totally going to use that idea w/ Articles of Faith! It's fabulous. Avery had memorized the 1st one and could repeat it when she was in nursery! But then we just kind of fizzled out.
I think the songs are kind of awkward- like they had to really try to make it fit but it sure makes it easier to remember. Any time a kid is repeating one in primary they end up sing-saying it!

Jenny P. said...

And now I will be singing the first article of faith until I'm asleep... :)

very cute story.

Tricia said...

That is so sweet!

janae said...

Oh kids. They're so funny. It was great to see you a couple weeks ago.---janae

erin sheely said...

What an awesome idea and what an awesome story! That's fantastic.

Blog Archive