Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Chocolate Intervention

Ever since New Year's Day, I have eliminated chocolate as one of my main food groups. For the most part it has been a pretty smooth transition...you know...when I get that chocolate craving I just eat some broccoli instead. Yummy huh? Really, I have been doing really well...until today. I don't know what my deal is but I am majorly... (apparently "majorly" is not a real word...at least according to blogger spell check, but I'm using it anyways)...stressing today! It's not like I have tons on my plate at the moment, but I am really feeling stressed out in my calling b/c we are waist deep in planning New Beginnings and a zillion other youth activities (AHHHH!!) and I'm trying to get a new counselor. I guess I just feel like there are so many things that I should be and want to be doing for these girls, but at the same time there just isn't enough time to do it all. As I was praying this morning, I had a sentence from the Church History book (that we are using in Sunday School) come to my mind. Basically it says, that a testimony of Jesus Christ is the most important and fundamental part of the gospel, and EVERYTHING else is just an appendage to it. It has really made me examine my list of what qualifies as the essential parts of the program that will fortify and strengthen these girls in their testimonies of the Savior.

Another reason I need chocolate is because of my children. Oh my sweet darling children....and the attitude, disobedience, and DRAMA that comes with them. It has just been one of those weeks.

But, that is not the only reason I want chocolate...also because my house is such a disaster. I try and try to stay on top of it but I have gotten behind this week after being out of town and sometimes it just seems so pointless because while I am cleaning one room, my girls are in the other room (the one that I just cleaned) destroying it! I really should be spending the day cleaning but all I want to do is eat chocolate, watch a chic flick and take a really long non-interrupted nap....and maybe wake up and take a bubble bath. Sounds nice huh? Okay, I guess I better stop dreaming. I think my chocolate craving is almost gone. Thanks for the intervention. :)

8 comments:

InkMom said...

Every year for Christmas CPod gives me a box of Godiva key lime truffles. I love them. No one else does, so I don't need to protect them with my life or anything like that. There are 16 in a box and they usually last through February.

And broccoli?!? Try, oh, I don't know . . . an orange or some grapes! A much better substitute!

Unknown said...

Those girls are so blessed to have you as the YW pres. It is so hard to watch people, especially people you love and serve, make bad decisions. They will remember the things that you teach them and the testimony you have shared. Even if it is not immediately. Hang in there!
A nap and a bubble bath sound fantastic. You should definately make that happen. Even if it is after Cory gets home!

Crystal said...

You are tough to give up chocolate, I don't think I would survive. Chocolate chip cookies and I go hand in hand. But good for you.I hope you have a better week!

Amber said...

you are way too cute, i love you.

Anonymous said...

Just eat the chocolate but limit yourself to the one pound size hershey bar per day.

Jenny P. said...

oh wow. can i just say, I totally understand, from the calling, to the kids, to the messy house. I'm right there with ya! I was thinking this morning, as I drove jordan to school, you know it has to bad when you almost wish to be sick, just so you can take a little bit of a break! (not serious sick, but you know, a bad fever to leave me in bed for two days... :)) I remember when I was pregnant with henry, I was really looking forward to the delivery, cause it meant I got to sleep in the hospital for two days! Hang in there... we'll all make it. :)

MANDY said...

you are brave, lady. I have to have a little chocolate everyday. Maybe I'll get control of that someday....and finally lose some lbs.

erin sheely said...

You are a way stronger woman than me! Nice job.

Blog Archive