Friday, June 29, 2007

My incredible neighbor...


Beth is the best neighbor anyone could ever ask for. She is always offering to help me, watch the girls, etc.. My girls ADORE her (especially Cloey). Beth and Cloey have a very special bond. The other day Beth came over and gave me a card with a portrait she had drawn of Cloey. I couldn't believe it!!! Another talent that I was not aware of. I'm telling you...she is AMAZING!! Anyways, on the inside of the card she had typed up the following poem (you may want to get a tissue to wipe tears before you read this)...

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang up my first painting on the refrigerator, and I wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I knew that little things are special things.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I believed there is a God I could always talk to.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I felt you kiss me goodnight, and I felt loved.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I LOOKED...and wanted to say thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

How sweet is that! Wow!

Blog Archive