Thursday, June 28, 2007

Random Thoughts

I was reading a book this morning and I came upon the following quote;

"So many people in the world are looking for the way to happiness, when all the time HAPPINESS is the way."

Isn't that a great quote? It is so incredibly true! The times in my life when I have been the happiest is when I have made an effort and intentionally chosen to be happy. In the scriptures, Mormon says that there never was a happier people than those that were living right after the Savior ascended back up to heaven. Why is that? Because they chose to follow Him in righteousness, they lived their lives after the pattern of happiness which in turn made them happy.

Further on in the book it says,

"In Webster's New World Thesaurus, the first antonym given for "worry" is "happy." Perhaps that is because when we liberate ourselves from worry, we have the power to be happy."

I think that sometimes, I waste too much time and energy worrying. I am going to make a goal with myself to focus more energy on being happy and less time on worrying. Ultimately, worry doesn't do a whole lot of good anyway, unless there is is something you can do that will take the worry away, otherwise, I think prayer and faith are the best remedies.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I LOVE that. Thank you for sharing it. It was a great reminder for me this week.

Austyn said...

so true. man, I miss your wisdom. you have such a good perspective on life. Our runs wore me out physically, but totally boosted me otherwise.

about worrying, I am the world's greatest worrier. But i remind myself, "worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair. it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere."

miss ya!

Blog Archive