Friday, June 15, 2007

Spiritual Maturity Quiz

I just finished an incredible book called 12 Keys to Developing Spiritual Maturity. It was INCREDIBLE!!! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. Near the end of the book, it gives a Spiritual Maturity Quiz. It really helped me to see where I am at and where I need to improve. It was a very self-reflective activity and so I thought I would share it with all of you. So here it goes...

1. Have you ever read the entire Book of Mormon?
2. Have you received a personal witness by the Spirit of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ?
3. Do you have daily personal prayer?
4. Do you study the scriptures daily?
5. Do you live worthy of having a temple recommend?
6. Do you attend the temple regularly?
7. Do you obey the commandments to the best of your ability?
8. Have you ever fasted for a full twenty-four hours without food or liquid?
9. Do you magnify your Church callings, including that of home teacher or visiting teacher?
10. Do you have regular family home evenings?
11. Are you more interested in receiving the Lord's approval than you are in earning the praise, wealth, and glory of the world?
12. Do you avoid contention, harsh feelings, and anger?
13. Do you resist being critical of others, especially family members and those in authority?
14. Do you keep your mind and actions clean and pure?
15. Is your language appropriate for a person who has made a covenant with God?
16. Do you faithfully keep the Word of Wisdom?
17. Have you truly repented of your sins?
18. Do you serve others?
19. Do you love your family? Are you faithful to your spouse, both physically and emotionally?
20. Do you receive promptings from the Spirit? And do you follow those promptings?

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Ok, now I'm feeling guilty. I have some work to do. Thanks for the reminder. I do want to have more that I am living than not.

Stefi Patterson said...

Melissa you never cease to amaze me. You are always teaching me. I love you!!

Sherrie said...

Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to post these on your blog. I lvoe them because they give me anooportunity to feel good about the things I am doing and imporove on those I am not.
Love Mom by the beach.

Andrea said...

Thank you for posting that.

bromoore said...

Melissa,

I was searching the web to see if there have been any reviews of my book since it was released last August. I did not find any, but I found your blog and it made my day. Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

Rich Moore

Blog Archive