Friday, June 08, 2007

"All She Wants to Do is Dance"

Wednesday and Thursday nights bring me so much joy this time of year because my all time favorite show is on TV....So You Think You Can Dance. If you know me, you know that it is my ultimate dream to be a dancer. In fact, one of these days (when my kids are in school), I am determined to take adult dance classes. I am such a dancer at heart. I know that I don't have a whole lot of rhythm, good moves, flexibility, or technique, BUT I do have passion. Doesn't that count for something? I know that most people laugh at me when I say that I want to be a ballerina someday, but a girl can dream, right?

After watching Cory play basketball last night, I quickly drove home, put the girls to bed and sat down to watch the show. I was so giddy I could hardly stand it!! It is so funny because as I sit and watch everyone dance, I can't help but move around myself. In fact, sometimes I have to control myself from just getting up, turning on music, and dancing my own dance. Cory thinks that it is hilarious, but I just can't help it....I LOVE IT!!! I really hope that rhythm is something I can learn, but if not I guess I will just have to wait to be a dancer when I have a perfected resurrected body with rhythm (it could happen, right?). :)

As a little girl, my Dad would play the song "All She Wants to Do is Dance" by Don Henley. He would tell me that it was "my song". Little did he know that it would still be the song of my heart as a 26-year-old girl.

6 comments:

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

I was looking for a quote for something and found this:

"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

All Fun Family said...

That's really cute, Melissa. I think you should follow your dreams and become a ballerina! Oh, and I am SOOOO excited that the season finally started!!! It was terrible having to wait a whole year. I'm converting Margaret to it. She watched it with me this past episode and LOVED it! haha. In fact, after we watched it, we spent the next 2 hours (1am to 3am), dancing to music, and watching music videos to try and learn new moves. lol. we established the fact that we cannot dance. But it was really fun!

Matthew and Shanna said...

I'm glad that I have a fellow lover of that show!! So You Think You Can Dance is the first show that I have watched religiously! Yeah and I know exactly what you mean when you just want to get up and dance!

Jenna said...

haha-I love the show too. This is my first time to really watch it. Last season, Cole and I were either dating or engaged and he would get home from work right when it started so I was always out with him!

Stefi Patterson said...

Oh Melissa, you will always be a dancer no matter how old you get! I love your ability to cherish something like that and now that with hard work anything is possible. I hope you do get the chance to dance latter on in life! I will say however, that when you do I will have a video recorder there for every minute of your routine

Blog Archive