Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My baby girl is officially one year old! (sniff, sniff). The year has gone by so quickly. This year has been full of happiness and excitement each and everyday. Cloey's name means "in bloom". She truly has blossomed my life and brought me into bloom in so many different ways. She teaches me love each day as she lays her head on my chest and warms my heart with her contagious smile. She teaches me loving patience as she not only tolerates Katelund's bantering but also loves her to pieces and gets excited each and every time she sees her. She teaches me endurance and problem solving as she creates and climbs through her "mazes", as we call them, and then dilligently figures a way out. But most of all she has taught me how to savor each moment as a mother. I feel so blessed to be the mother of such strong beautiful spirits. They each have such great strength within them and the countenance of the Savior radiated upon them. They are very different yet very alike in their will power. I know that they are choice and elect. I feel so humbled to be their teacher, mother, and friend.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Look at you pullin' out the tears! Very eloquently put. And I loved the pictures you sent. Cloey has gotten so beautiful! I cannot wait to get to know her better soon!

becky said...

It's hard to see your kids grow up but yet you comfort yourself knowing that it's all part of the plan and you wouldn't want it any other way. That's what I'm telling myself right now about to lose my last one to the next phase of life.

Blog Archive