Sunday, April 23, 2006

Yesterday was the Relief Society Women's Conference. It was amazing. I won't go on and on about details like I usually do, but I will share with you my favorite part. The theme was about finding happiness in our lifes. President Catlett said at the end of his talk, that really it is simple. The recipe for happiness is found in the acronym J.O.Y. J=Jesus(always put Christ first in your life) O=others (serving and loving others) Y=yourself (you should put Christ and others before yourself). Isn't that an awesome formula for happiness? I loved it. The spirit was so strong, especially in my favorite class which was on Disciplining with Love. (I really want to give more details but I promised I wouldn't so I better have integrity).

I really am in denial today. I cannot believe that tomorrow is Cloey's first birthday. I am not ready for her to be walking and talking, she is still my baby. It is funny how with the first one you can't wait for the next stage and the second one you want them to stay a baby forever (well it least it has been the way with me and I know with Andrea).

Katelund went pee pee in the potty yesterday!!! She initiated the whole thing too. She got ice cream while Cory and I did the potty dance and song (it was an impromptu thing). We were banging on pots and pans and everything. She almost made it this morning to the potty but she didn't quite make it. I'm really not forcing it because I think (just like everything else in her life) she is going to have to be in control and decide for herself when she is ready.

Singing time went awesome today!!! I had a lot of people come and tell me afterwards that they haven't heard the kids sing like they are. I was so excited. It was awesome. While they were singing Scripture Power (my favorite song ever), I had them raise their scriptures in the air when they sang the words "scripture power" in the chorus. It was incredible. The spirit was so strong that I got chills all up and down my arms and of course the tears couldn't help but leak out a little. I LOVE my calling so much!!!!

Well, I love you all and I hope that you had as wonderful of a Sunday as I did. We are going to our friends for dinner so I will write more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

So, give us the details on the Disciplining in Love class. I know you're dying to! :)

Yeah for Katelund! Way to pee! Oh, we'll have to make sure that when you come down here we have you perform the potty dance and song. I'm dying to see it.

And as for Miss Cloey, I'll address that tomorrow...

becky said...

The womens rs conf sounded cool I bet you enjoyed it.

I can't wait to see the pee song and dance. How does Katelund react to it?

I can't believe Cloey is 1 today. I'm going to go in right now and call her.

Love you

becky said...

Happy Birthday to Cloey! I cannot believe she's one already! Last time I saw her she was still a little baby!

I'm glad you have them raise their scriptures in "Scripture Power", because we did that when I was in primary and it was the best part. In primary now, they don't do that. I'm about ready to go set things straight.

Blog Archive