Monday, May 01, 2006

Only 15 more days, and Cloey and I will be on a plane to Texas!! I am getting so excited. It is going to be so much fun to see all of the Black side of the family. Going to the temple all together is going to be one of the biggest highlights of the trip. The only down side is the fact that Katie won't be there. What an incredible and awesome day it will be to all be in the temple together as a family when Katie gets her endownment. I am so looking forward to that day. Yesterday I bore my testimony in church but I left out one of the things that I was really feeling because it was getting a little long. I was just really feeling uplifted yesterday and I felt such an amazing amount of joy and happiness all day. I wanted to say in my testimony how grateful I am for the plan of happiness. I love the fact that they now call it the "plan of happiness" instead of the plan of salvation, because it is just that, a plan that brings so much happiness!!! Yesterday and today have been absolutely gorgeous days!!!! I am just so grateful to be alive and healthy.

Yesterday I had a very long heartfelt fast. I was fasting first of all for forgiveness (I yelled at Katelund Saturday when she found some fingernail polish and got it all over herself and the bathroom floor, I felt so horrible and when I was repenting I pleaded with Heavenly Father to please erase that memory from Katelund's mind) and second of all for some direction on what and where to look as far as a house or apartment. Although my dreams of a house may have to be postponed a little longer, I know that when all is said and done, having or not having a house will not be of much importance. I am reading a book called Emma right now. I cannot believe how many times Emma and Joseph had to live with other people, with parents, or live above somebody's store. I guess it just goes back to the old saying "a home is where your heart is", and my heart is wherever Cory, Katelund, and Cloey are. They truly are the greatest treasures on earth.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You are exactly right. It doesn't matter where you are - whether you are living at your parents, in a trailer, in an apartment or in your own house. What matters is that you are with your family. With a husband who loves you and takes care of you. And with your two beautiful daughters who can brighten any day or any circumstance.

As emotional and stressful as this whole subject can be, remember that the Lord has a different time-table than we do. And that He loves you. He knows your pains and is watching over you.

I love you! And cannot wait to see you in 15 days!

Blog Archive