Friday, April 14, 2006

I feel like such a slacker. I have not written in here for a couple of days. This week has been a great week. We went to the beach on Wednesday with some friends in our ward. It was so much fun. We went to North Myrtle Beach. Despite the water being freezing cold, it was a great day to go to the beach. Cloey had a lot of fun being held and playing in the sand. She was happy as long as she didn't get wet. Katelund had so much fun with her daddy. They built a huge sandcastle, played on the water, buried each other in the sand, and played soccer. Katelund is such a daddy's girl and Cloey is such a mommy's girl. It works out great for all of us.
Last night I was listening to the Arise and Shine Forth CD (Arise and Shine Forth is the Mutual theme this year) as I was running. I was listening to the theme song on there as I was finishing up my 6th mile. It was an incredible experience it is hard to even put into words. It was just one of those moments when you feel like you can conquer anything in the world. I am learning to love running so much. It is quite addicting. I am having such a hard time getting past 6 miles. It is like a plateau (sp?) for me and I can't seem to get past it. I know that it is just a mental block but my goal this week was to get past 6 miles. I guess that means tomorrow I better do it. I will let you know how it goes.
This morning, Katelund was sitting in her chair and Cloey was sitting in her highchair. They were both eating their Cheerios just happy as can be. Well Katelund decided to start irritating Cloey (her favorite pastime these days). She started lightly pinching Cloey's arm and I told her to stop but of course she didn't listen. Instead, she began to pinch harder. Cloey was not happy. She grabbed Katelund's hand and bit her finger. It was the funniest thing in the world. Sherrie, Stefani, and I were laughing uncontrollably. I know that it wasn't the best response, but it was just so funny!!! Katelund cried and cried and Cloey was quite pleased with herself because, in the end, she had come out the conquerer. Isn't it funny how things come back around to "bite you". (No pun intended :) )
Tonight we are having a cookout with some family friends so I have to go get the girls ready. I love you all!!!! Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

2 comments:

Katie Bear said...

I really wish I could get into running like you have. What got you so motivated? I need some help and encouragement. Gosh, that would be so fun to live close to a beach!

Andrea said...

I am extremely jealous about you living so close to the beach. It's like you are being rewarded for moving so far away from us. That just doesn't seem right. :)

And I'm with Katie on the running thing.

Oh, and GO Cloey!

Blog Archive